Corrupt Stings: The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Exposes Years of ATF Lies
Corrupt Stings: The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Produces a Fine Example of Real Journalism. Treat yourself, and read it.
It has been a long time since I read a piece of real, actual investigative reporting. You know, the type of stuff where you know there’s a story, and you know that the powers that be are lying to you, but you fight and dig and search and finally pry out the truth.
This is one of those articles.
I’ll cover in the first comment everything that the MJS had to do and to fight to dig up this report over the course of years. I actually remember reading the first article they wrote, a couple years ago, about the initial corrupt year-long sting in Milwaukee and resulted in increased crime, property damage, and federal machineguns being released on the Milwaukee streets.
At the time, the MJS was told that it was an ‘isolated incident.’ They did not believe it, and they set out to find the truth. They were stifled in every possible way. What the report revealed was, among other things, a nationwide series of stings that:
– As a matter of tactics, deliberately involved mentally retarded persons as pawns, those persons later being arrested and sent to prison for the actions they were manipulated into committing.
– Federal agents convincing (separate) mentally handicapped persons to tattoo the name of the ‘sting operation’s’ storefront on their neck, presumably for fun, then sending them to prison.
– Persons not knowing how to commit a crime, being educated by the federal agents on what to do, and then being arrested and imprisoned for doing it.
– Felons being armed, burglaries being encouraged, underage persons being provided with drugs and alcohol – in school zones.
Honestly, you wouldn’t believe it, and certainly wouldn’t want to believe it, if it weren’t being put right here in front of your eyes.
And this stuff has been going on for a decade. A decade!
It’s not political, it’s not party politics – everyone has been in charge and this still goes on.
What this is, is the corruption that naturally follows unchecked power being given to a federal agency that is unmonitored, unaccountable, unlimited, and deliberately secretive in everything it does.
Some people think that I am a whackado because I don’t trust the federal government. Heh, maybe I am a whackado. But it’s not the federal government per se. What I don’t reflexively trust is authority. And the more authority, the more I distrust it. Unchecked authority I distrust absolutely.
I hope that you will read the whole article. Work like this deserves an audience. I also hope you’ll share it with your friends and families. Not as a political thing, but as a ‘be wary’ thing.
There’s a man in the article who basically says “I don’t have a problem with them doing this, just not in a school zone.” I do not believe that he knew, when he said it, that the thing he reflexively ‘didn’t have a problem with’ was conning a 19-year-old learning disabled kid into tattooing a fake store logo on his neck, then sending him to prison for trading a dime-bag for a t-shirt.
You shouldn’t have the reflex of approval for the acts of government betters. History educates to the contrary. This is but another example.
Follow me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/svdanneskjold
- ATF uses rogue tactics in storefront stings across the nation (jsonline.com)
- All Things Felonious. Say it ain’t so, B. Toad Jones. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel report: “ATF uses rogue tactics in storefront stings across the nation.” (sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com)
- ATF’s Nationwide Storefront Stings Exposed (thetruthaboutguns.com)
- Inept ATF Uses Children and People With Low IQ’s In Sting Operations (gawker.com)